Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer Adventures

I was going to start this blog post out with "I know. I know. It's been a long time since I've posted on Ian's blog" But, then I realized just how long it has been (EEK! November!) and it has been a REALLY long time.  My only excuse was that it was a busy school year.

It's almost the end of August which means it's time to head back to school. I know I'm supposed to say I'm not ready for summer to be over but I think, Joe, Ian and I are all ready to get back in to the swing of things.  Ian definitely misses seeing school friends and I'm hopeful that a little separation will make the heart grown fonder as I think Ian's had enough of us for a while.  The summer has been too packed but enough activities to keep us from going stir crazy.

Early on in our vacation we went to Grand Rapids for an overnight.  We went to a Whitecaps baseball game Saturday evening..

and then the Grand Rapids Children's Museum on Sunday morning.


In July we celebrated Molly's birthday, went to Tigers games, visited new playgrounds, went to a Verve Pipe concert (Ian's first concert), went to the Detroit zoo, rode our bikes and other general fun.











Starting in July and going in to August, Ian started a gymnastics class.  He seems to like it but when you watch its hard to tell just how excited about it he is.  He still struggles with trying new things and trying things he thinks might be hard.  So we're working on developing his growth mindset.
With the amazing weather in August we've been to the water park, playground, Kids 'N' Stuff (Grandma's Museum as Ian calls it), Calhoun County Fair, and paining in our back yard.













That's pretty much the gist of our summer.  If I forgot anything major I'll have to write another post.  Also, since MobileMe does not exist anymore. I've created a ShareSite on Shutterfly.  You can find more pictures at http://ianhugo.shutterfly.com/

Until next time, hopefully it won't be in 9 months from now.

No comments: